Here at Sea View House we are lucky to be surrounded by some fantastic local produce. We have put together an award wining menu of low food mile dish's using some of the best local produce here in the Burren and Cliffs of Moher Geopark.
Our breakfast was voted the Winner of the 2015 Responsible Irish Breakfast Awards at the Responsible Travel and Tourism Awards.
We try to cater for a wide variety of tastes, and are happy to accommodate any special dietary needs where possible.
Eggs come straight from our farmyard chickens.
Fruit and Vegetables:
Our home is based on the family farm allowing us to produce some of the fruit and vegetables we use in the kitchen.
- Herbs from our small kitchen garden.
- Tomatoes, melons and strawberries from our Polly Tunnel.
- Rhubarb, strawberry's, potatoes, apples come from our garden and small orchard.
- We harvest seaweed along the coast which when dried we use in our kitchen.
- In autumn we picked wild blackberries to make Jam.
- Everything else comes from Cathronia’s stall in the square in Ennistymon.
Snowcap mushrooms in Tulla Co Clare.
Breads, Fruits, Jams and Preserves:
- We poach and stew all our own fruits.
- We make all our own jams and chutneys.
- Darra bakes most all the breads and muffins that we serve.
Frank Benson, Ballyvaughan Farmers Market.
Milk & Cream:
Milk and cream are supplied by Mick Johnstan’s a small local business who deliver to our door.
We make all our own yoghurt here at Sea view House.
We source all our cheese from small local artisan producers:
- Soft Goats Cheese from St Tola Organic Goats Cheese in Inagh.
- Buren Gold Gouda from the Ailwee Cave in Balyvaughan.
- Hard goats cheese comes from Avalla Goats Cheese in the Burren.
- Smoked Salmon amd Mackerel comes from the Burren Smokehouse in Lisdoonvarna.
- Garrihy’s Seafood just up the road from us supply us with our breakfast Kippers.
Black Pudding and Pork:
All our Sausages, Smoked Bacon and Handmade Bonina Black pudding come from our friends at C&M foods in Tulla Co Clare.
Groceries are bought at Jordan’s in Lisdoonvarna or Supervalu in Ennistymon.